Tuesday 16 April 2013

'Not a Man' - an 'insanely high rating.'


A couple of months ago, I received a very critical review from a person whom I suspect never read past the first chapter. This was on Amazon.com.

1.0 out of 5 stars
Disgusting, February 18, 2013
This review is from: Not a Man (The Shuki Series) (Kindle Edition)
Am I the only one who thought this book a glorification and endorsement of pedophilia? It appeared to be written to titillate; and I found it absolutely revolting. I can only imagine the degradation the "Series" promises.
(This was not a ‘verified purchase’ review. In other words, the reviewer did not buy the book from Amazon.com.)    

 I shared the review on facebook, pointing out that the reviews are overwhelmingly 5-star, and suggesting that readers make up their own minds.  I think this Goodreads reviewer probably bought it then.

Review on Goodreads.

Yblees

You see the insanely high rating this book has? Absolutely, utterly deserved! A must read for anyone who liked Skaia, and I think, Anne Somerville's Darshian Chronicles, because this is a much more satisfying read than either of the others. Also, anyone who is interested in the slave/restricted freedom genre. And I would not regard this as BDSM,although there are abuse themes.

The author says it's not written as erotica, and I agree, and completely approve. Brillant storytelling, a strong focus on plot, populated with an entire extended family of characters, 3 volumes plus 1 to come. Cheap! What more can any reader ask for?

Oh, and the author requests her readers please BUY FROM SMASHWORDS instead of Amazon, because they actually pay her royalties instead of insisting on $100 credit limits before any payout.





There are three books now of the Shuki series:

This is Yblees review of the second - 'The King's  Favourite.'  

's review
Apr 14, 2013
bookshelves: m-m-favorites
I try not to read entire series of novels back to back because it wrecks sleep and takes over my entire weekend. But this was absolutely irresistable!


No written review for 'To Love and To Protect' but a 5 star rating.  A 5 star rating on Amazon is 'Amazing.'

It is an amazing feeling to find a new 5 star review for your book.



The link to buy from Smashwords:  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/169513

These books are quite long, and I always think that for long books, a real book makes for a more satisfactory read.  But to buy the paperbacks, you need to go to Barnes and Noble or Amazon:


  



The Shuki Series










No comments:

Post a Comment